Today is the first day of the 2017-18 Legislative Session! We are looking forward to working with you on our 2017 Legislative Agenda.
MSA-VT’s 2017 State Policy Platform
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Retirement Security
- Health Care Reform
- Child Care
- Minimum Wage
Learn more about our positions here.
Opening Week Happenings
If you’d like to follow some of the action during opening week, here are a couple moments worth coming to watch or logging into VPR’s live stream for:
- Governor Peter Shumlin’s Farewell Address - 2:00 PM Wednesday
- Governor-Elect Phil Scott Inaugural Address - 1:30 PM Thursday
- Daily legislative committee and floor schedules can be found on the Vermont Legislature Website
- You can log into VPR's live stream of the House and Senate floors to follow along throughout the session.
We’ll be providing brief weekly updates throughout the session, with links to relevant news articles and movement on our priorities as well other top issues of interest to Vermont families and small businesses.
Nutty Steph’s is supporting our work on a statewide family and medical leave insurance program through online sales of the Family Bar. Proceeds support our work on the VT FaMLI Campaign. We encourage you to order a case of bars today to share with friends, family, colleagues - or to resell in your storefront and help spread the word about the importance of family and medical leave for families and small businesses!