With Governor Peter Shumlin’s signature on March 9, Vermont became the fifth state to require that employees have access to earned leave. Other states that require paid sick leave include, Connecticut, California, Massachusetts, and Oregon.
This page is intended to be a resource for businesses as the new law is implemented. We will keep building out this page as we develop more resources and gather user feedback. Please send us your comments, suggestions, or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main Street Alliance of Vermont
VT Department of Labor Resources
- Information Page
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact: 802-828-4281 or Labor.WageHour@vermont.gov
- San Francisco’s Paid Sick Leave Ordinance: Outcomes for Employers and Employees
- Implementation and Early Outcomes of the City of Seattle Paid Sick and Safe Time Ordinance
- Good for Business? Connecticut’s Paid Sick Leave Law
- Paid Sick Leave Does Not Harm Business Growth or Job Growth
- Paid Sick Days and Health: Cost Savings from Reduced Emergency Department Visits
- Paid Sick Days in Massachusetts: Containing Health Care Costs through Prevention and Timely Treatment